INTERNAL_TOLERANT mode was created to handle cases where the output of a function is not known before the execution of a transaction.
- For example, Swap + Deposit where output of the Swap is not known until execution due to slippage.
- This mode allowed the developer to use the remaining Internal (Farm) balance without having to underestimate the output amount.
- This brings up security issues with regard to leakage of funds (if implemented improperly Beanstalk funds could be drained).
- In BIP-30,
AdvancedFarm was added—can be used as an alternative to
- Once the Beanstalk UI and SDK remove their depedency on
INTERNAL_TOLERANT, the goal is to remove it as soon as possible.
- Root UI already used
AdvancedFarm based swaps.
- This change can be added to any BIP that is being proposed around the time that this is ready to change.