🌱

DAO Weekly Meeting #84

Date
July 23, 2024
Timestamps

0:00 intro 0:37 Big Items Up Front 1:20 Beanstalk Project Funnel 1:56 BIP-48 wstETH Migration 2:39 Multi Flow v1.1.0 5:29 Misc. Improvements 6:05 Beanstalk 3 6:57 Subgraph, UI, and other updates 10:57 Closing statements

Type
DAO Meeting

Recordings

Meeting Notes

Big Items Up Front

• BIP-48 is up for vote! BIP-48 includes whitelisting BEANwstETH and migrate Unripe liquidity. The BEANwstETH well will be using the new MultiFlow v1.1.0
  • BIP-49 Misc. Improvements package has been shared at www.discord.gg/beanstalk
  • Beanstalk 3 is currently in its post-audit remediation phase

Beanstalk Project funnel

• There have not been too many changes from the previous meeting. There are a lot of things on the close horizon, such as Unripe Stalk Burn, Basin Stableswap, and Blacklist mitigation.
  • Guy added that the Basin StableSwap audit will start sometime next week

BIP-48 wstETH Migration

• Nothing new here to add, the BIP is up for vote

Multi Flow v1.1.0

• The development of this follows the development of BIP-48
  • Guy mentions that this Pump will be added to the Basin Build website
  • Once a well is deployed it cannot be upgraded, with the Stableswap update, there will be an upgradable Well. The user will be able to set an owner address and that address will be able to update to a new Pump

Misc. Improvements

• This update is in the final discussions, the date when the BIP will be proposed has not been set yet, but it will be proposed soon

Beanstalk 3

• Beanstalk 3 is currently in the remediation phase of the audit

Subgraph, UI, and other updates

• There is a lot of prep work for upcoming deployments
  • SoilKing is working on adding support for the new Well with the subgraph, and all the Discord channels. They are also working on reinitializing the contract storage to ensure everyone's balances are where they should be. Uncoolzero and SoilKing pushed a couple of updates to kill some bugs on how the Pod Market Place is showing historical data
  • SpaceBean has been working on the wstETH upgrade on the UI, you will be able to purchase Fert with stETH instead of wstETH

Deck

Transcript

All right. All right. We'll get to will get Roland here.

Well, thanks, everybody. Appreciate you coming out to this week's town meeting. Good stuff. When? 48 up for vote and some other good updates coming soon. Without further ado, we'll kick it off as always, We'll be keeping an eye on both the chats in the voice channel itself, as well as the Barnyard chat.

So if any questions come up, feel free to drop them into either one

and we'll start working through the slides.

Okay, big items up front. So it 48

is up for vote, so way listing being reps these and migrating unripe liquidity that includes

flow version 1.1 currently up for votes. So if anybody has had a chance to go on vote yet, please go do that. Now. Making our way towards quorum could always use use the extra vote. So definitely go vote if you haven't had a chance to yet.

So yep. 49 which is under discussion so that's misleading improvements package now communities pretty familiar with that but that should be going up for for vote sometime here over the next handful of days and then being stuck through is currently in its post audit remediation phase.

So to get into projects and initiatives, not much has changed since last meeting in terms of the funnel.

In fact, I don't think there's been anything that's really changed significantly. We've got a handful of things that are kind of on the close horizon. Unripe stock burn basis, stable swap, blacklist, blacklist, mitigation and L2 migration. So no big changes there.

Any questions or thoughts about what's on the horizon?

I guess I'll just add that the stable swap out, it's going to start sometime next week,

so that'll be necessary to whitelist some being stablecoin pairs.

Excellent. That's good to hear.

All right,

so Jaime, down in the projects, so bit 49 reps, this migration really nothing new to add here unless something unless someone from the development team wants to to mention. But yes, anyone has not had a chance to go and vote. Please do that as soon as you can.

I think I've

missed number. I think that should be that 48.

You're absolutely right. That is that is my fault. Go ahead. Just of that finger on my part. I will go back through and may it seems like every every deck has one one typo in it. I will go back to your and remember that as soon as we're done and I will republish the deck.

My mistake

almost that 50

almost at 50.

All right. Multiplo version 1.1 and

kind of coming right alongside it, 48 and

again, something that I think the community is pretty familiar with, we'll be interested to see and interested to hear. Any thoughts from the group here about the current

base in Wells and whether or not some of those pairs may be recreated

with multi flow version 1.1,

once it's once it's fully available, I guess I'm under the impression that that that that's probably likely

certainly interested to hear anybody else's thoughts on that though

I guess I would defer to the people that created the wells.

But I mean there's only a couple that have any amount of liquidity really.

So

switching costs are pretty low. But yeah, I feel like we should definitely add support for

attaching multiple would be 1.1 to Wells in the end to deploy. Well, you are definitely.

And just so I have it right in my mind, it is not what's it was wells deployed that is it right.

So in other words if someone were to want to use version 1.1 with a similar pair, they would have to deploy the new well, correct?

That is correct. Actually, one of the thing that's going to be in the stable swap on it is an upgradeable well here you can set some owner address that would be able to upgrade the well and thus, you know, change the pump, for example, that would get around this problem that we had with multifamily one or the existing beneath while well where if there's a bug in the pump you know now liquidity is still stuck in

the old version of multi flow and it just so happens that we're doing

this wrap season migration so it works out anyway and there doesn't need to be.

Well, actually I guess there still will be liquidity in the beginning as well. It's just the unripe liquidity that are being be migrated. So I guess the point stands that

it's unfortunate end up in a situation where,

you know, an entire liquidity migration is necessary to, to move to a new pump.

And like you said, since most of the existing non being wells don't have much included liquidity in them now easy enough to make any adjustments or prepare for the future or however you want to frame it. But yeah I that the idea of an upgradeable well that's

to me that's exciting because yeah,

just thinking about it from, from my perspective as a user,

if I were to deploy a well, I would want the best possible versions of whatever components I can get a hold of.

And yet to be able to do those to make those changes without without having to migrate liquidity will be will be definitely a a nice feature to have

and right

miscellaneous improvements already mentioned they are in in some of the final remediations and about ready to Arabs are in discussion and getting close likely to having a if be put out for a vote.

I don't think we have a specific date on that yet but it is on the short term horizon. Again, the community is pretty familiar with the the improvements that are included. Not sure if anyone wants to add any thoughts or questions, but definitely welcome to

the right hearing. None

being talks re

in remediations and yeah excited to hear that stable swap is going to be going into into order here relatively soon yet we've got a long list of items in being stock three a lot of a lot of varied improvements that are going to be coming along with that package.

And again, probably not a lot that hasn't been discussed at significant length, but more than happy to open the floor for just a moment for any thoughts or questions from the community

any longer. Throw some more names on the key contributors. So being three now, I guess it's really the whole crew at this point. Yeah, absolutely. I will definitely do that.

We should do that for next time.

I absolutely will as well. I've got to go. I got to update that number anyways, for that missed number, I will add or add more names for being staff three for when I sent out the the revised version of this deck

now. All right. So glad you are another update. So got a handful of notes from the team and we'll definitely let them hop out and talk is as they see fit

groups working on preparations for a lot of the upcoming deployments.

Again, things that we've been talking about Reps, the Beanstalk three and potential Future L two, and then lots of bug fixes to improve historical data. And again, not sure if anybody from the team wants to to give any more detail, but

so king or space being definitely feel free to hop in Sweet red anybody to

yeah so I can give some more color to some of those at least it's on my end.

So for like the wrap Steve that for example you know it's adding a new it's going to be a new well that you know we're going to be trading in right So

just adding support for that new contract to all the sub graphs and and like in the in the discord bought channels so it'll it'll pick up all of the you know the swaps much much like it does currently.

But

you know just kind of supporting the new ones and then kind of the bigger thing that I've been working on is for Beanstalk three. A lot of this stuff,

you know, kind of as you mentioned, Rex, it's a

large amount of changes and the contract storage in particular has changed quite significantly. And so a lot of those values need to be kind of re initialized.

So I've been working on,

you know, making sure we can move over everybody's balances and everybody's, you know, their deposits, their plots, you know, into into what is the new format. And we'll we'll certainly have a way for, you know, for everybody to be able to verify ahead of time that that was done correctly,

you know, ahead of that actually being executed.

But, yeah, that's been kind of a big project as well. And then

with regards to the bug fixes, that's kind of an ongoing project. But some of the recent ones that we pushed that people might have noticed and definitely shout outs to two Uncle Zero on this one, we pushed a bunch of fixes to the pod marketplace,

which is particularly affecting historical data displays in like

in like the market activity feed and then on like for individual users on their own orders that were there are just a few like little bugs here and there that that I think at this point we've fixed just about all of them.

So but definitely if people see any any issues there or or other we're in the in anywhere else in the UI, like, you know, feel free to let us know and we'll we'll take a look.

Yeah that's, that's all I got on those items.

Thanks sir. I appreciate it. You know, it always makes me think of you know, it's those

those little items that I'm going to say too often go unchecked, but, you know, can really

can really impact user experience and people's impression of of the

program or protocol or however you want to frame it.

So definitely appreciate the work. Some of those little detail items especially things like historical data that can can get get ignored was actually having kind of a similar conversation about URL company historical data issues today and definitely makes me appreciate the work you guys are doing on that. So so thank you very much. Appreciate it.

Just on to right.

Yeah.

Well, all right. I'm saying like you're going to get an update on the UI side. I've just been primarily working on the state migration stuff is making sure everything is up to interview, working up, listening all the stuff,

and then being able to like purchase fertilizer with with Steve instead of using with. So yeah, there's a bunch of stuff that is involved, but just making sure everything is up to par.

And then afterwards I'm moving on to miscellaneous improvements and then also the beanstalk there is so that can be deployed

so

thank you very much. Appreciate it.

All right.

And the main part of the deck, happy to open it up. Looking at the list, folks, we have folks that are pretty well in the loop right now. But if there's any question, trends, thoughts, extra points you'd like to make, anything this group would like to discuss, The floor is open.

All right. Doing one less sweep of the charts for any questions.

Looks like there's nothing new,

so I think that might be it for today. That was a quick and easy one. So just one more reminder. If you've had if you have not had a chance to vote on BIP 48, go and do so as soon as it can and I will have something on the calendar here.

I'll put a few more meetings out on the calendar, probably spaced in the usual two week timing and I gather you will see everybody here on the farm. Thank you for your time. Appreciate it.

Extracts